Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Believe when I say I'm no better than you, except when I rap, so I guess it aint true.


Here's a new piece I recently worked up for the ol' portfolio. Looking at it now, I see some things I'm going to change, but those will be minor tweaks. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm really starting to enjoy working this way, using a variety of textures (although in this piece not a very wide variety), no lines to speak of, bright yet somehow muddy colors. The whole thing is unabashedly digital while decidedly tactile. (Forgive me for that last bit, the phrase popped into my head and I couldn't help myself. I'm not really that pompous.)

I may be transitioning into a new style, or at least giving myself another working option when getting started on a piece.

In case you're wondering, the lined paper on the right side of the image does have a purpose. This image is meant to accompany a short poem I wrote, so the poem will occupy that area. I didn't put it on there right now because I didn't want y'all to get jealous of the ryhme or the ryhme routine.

Or maybe it's because I'm still working on it. It's the kind of thing you'd find in a Highlights type magazine, and I'd like to get it published at some point so I want to work out all the kinks before I send it off to various children's magazine editors.

But for real, it's tight son, it's tight.

No comments: